Join the City of Somerville (Official) & Somerville Arts Council for Strike up the Bands, the September installment of the City’s SomerStreets festival, on Sunday, September 16th, from 2pm to 6pm on Highland Ave. between School St. and Lowell St. This event is FREE & open to the public!
Activities along Highland Ave. will include:
• Live music on two stages including:
ONCE Somerville stage featuring:
2:30 pm – Awaaz Do
3:45 pm – Lockette
5:00 pm – sister
• Vintage and artisan craft market by the Somerville Flea
• ONCE Somerville beer garden and local rock photo show
• Cuban sandwiches (meat and veggie) from Cuisine en Locale at ONCE Somerville
• Aerial performances by Esh Circus Arts
• Parkour with Parkour Generations Boston
• Learn to walk on stilts with Open Air Circus
• Hockey, football, and other games with Somerville Recreation
• Bouncy house
• Games with BuzzRoar Interactive
• Face painting
• Martial arts performance and demonstration class with Villari's Martial Arts Center of Somerville, MA
• Explore a fire truck and ambulance
• Community vendors & local businesses
Thank you to our community sponsor, ONCE Somerville.
SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity.
Save the date- October SomerStreets: Monster Mashed-Up is on October 14th on Somerville Ave. (Hawkins St. to Spring St.).
Poster by Union Press!